Collecting New Data
If you find that you need to collect new data to meet your project objectives, there are several things to think about before you get started:
- What is your population of interest?
- What information will you gather or what questions will you ask from your population?
- What variables/data fields do you need?
- How will each variable/data field be defined?
- How will this information be stored?
- How will this information be analyzed?
- What reports will you want to generate with this information?
- What tables, charts, and graphs will be useful in presenting the information?
Remember, the most important thing to do before collecting data is to think through exactly what you will need to meet your objectives. Start with the end in mind!
Step 4: Plan How to Store the Data >>